We have had these and let me say that you will notice the heat right away. Habaneros have more of a gradual warmth, if the habanero is too hot for you then you might want to try this recipe with our candied jalapeños. We found this delicious recipe at Chili Pepper Madness and just had to share.
- For the Mango Puree:
- 3 mangos
- 2 large lemons
- 1 large lime
- ¾ cup water
- 1 habanero
- For the Margarita:
- 6 ounces tequila blanco
- 2 ounces triple sec
- 2 ounces Fresca
- 1-quart mango puree
- Peel and cut up the mango and place in a food processor.
- Add 3 slices of candied habaneros and place in the food processor.
- Squeeze the lemons and limes into the food processor.
- Add water and blend.
- Place the puree into a quart sized container and refrigerate overnight.
- Add ice to a pitcher.
- Add the mango puree, tequila, triple sec and Fresca and stir.
- For a frozen margarita use a blender.
- Place your desired chili pepper powder on a plate with salt and shake it up a bit.
- Rub 4 glass rims with a lemon wedge and dip into the spicy salt mixture.
- Pour in the margarita.
- Garnish with candied habanero wheels.