Several years ago at the Maple Leaf Festival in Baldwin City, Kansas I got to meet Carla and she introduced me to this "keep coming back for more" dip. I have to admit I fix it all the time and have a bowl in the fridge because I crave it when I'm looking for a snack. It's great for a game night or to take to family dinners as an appetizer. I'm like Carla and find I'm not good at forming a cheese ball so I put it in a pretty bowl and serve it as a dip. You can make it as a cheese ball, just share the secret how you do it. I don't really care how it's presented because the dip works well for me. Also depending on what I have on hand, I like to add chopped pecans and/or chopped bacon.
- 2 ( 8-oz.) Cream Cheese packages, softened
- 1 ( 15-oz) can of crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 jar of Campbell's candied jalapeños, drained and chopped
Mix all ingredients together, refrigerate for 2 hours for flavors to blend. Serve with crackers or chips. This will get spicer by day 2 then the heat will taper out.