These make delicious sweet and spicy homemade gifts from the heart. Package them in a decorative tin or wrap them up with a pretty ribbon.
Grab yourself a tall glass of cold milk or a steaming mug of coffee and savor every delicious bite of these sweet and spicy cookies.
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped candied jalapeños
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chip chunk style
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add the softened butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, salt, and eggs. Beat until the mixture is nice and fluffy.
- Add the flour, oatmeal, peanut butter and baking soda to the mixture and stir the dough with a spoon.
- Stir in the chocolate chip chunks and chopped candied jalapeños until well blended.
- Drop by heaping teaspoons about 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, just until lightly browned around the edges. Let cool on baking pan for 2 minutes and then place on a rack to allow cookies to cool completely.