Rob is a huge Campbell Gardens Pepper Fan and of Little Bill's Pimento Cheese. He always likes to share his latest culinary creations with us at The City Market. Rob said the secret to making this is to only flip the Sammi one time. This one has a 5-star rating from the gang!
To make one sandwich
- 6-8 slices of Campbell's candied jalapeños
- 1/2 cup of little bill's pimento cheese, divided
- 1/4 pound ground chuck
- 2 teaspoons of cajun seasoning
- 3-4 thinly sliced onion
- 3-4 slices of bacon
- 2 slices of hearty rye bread
- 1 teaspoon butter
- In a bowl combine ground chuck and cajun seasoning. Pat ground chuck into a thin patty.
- cook patty in skillet until done and place on paper towel to drain grease.
- add onions to skillet and cook until soft and golden brown.
- using a clean skillet turn heat to a medium-low heat. butter one slice of rye bread and place in skillet. spread 1/4 cup of pimento cheese over bread. Layer bacon, candied jalapeños, onions, hamburger patty and top with the remaining pimento cheese. butter the other slice of rye bread and place on top of pimento cheese.
- toast one side until crusty and brown and then flip sandwich and toast the other side.