We think this recipe is a winner for any gathering! Breanna entered her Super Bowl recipe in our facebook challenge contest and won 2 jars of candied jalapenos and a cookbook!
Breanna's Candied Jalapeno Cheese ball
- 1/2 cup of campbell gardens candied jalapeños (chopped in food processor)
- 10 slices of bacon
- 1/3 package of Hillshire Farms all beef smokies (about 10)
- 1 (8 ounce package) cream cheese, softened
- brown sugar
- preheat oven to 400 degrees, prepare baking sheet (with edge) with tin foil for easy cleanup
- in bowl coat smokies and bacon with brown sugar and place on prepared baking sheet
- bake in oven for 15 minutes
- while meats are baking combine candied jalapenos and cream cheese, mixing well
- remove bacon and smokies from oven. Blot bacon with paper towel to remove grease and return bacon to oven for another 6 minutes or until crispy. caution: Bacon will become crisper once removed from oven.
- let smokies cool to touch and place in food processor, pulse until Coarsely chopped then add to cream cheese mixture.
- remove bacon from oven and immediately move slices to a paper towel to remove any remaining grease.
- place 5 slices in food Processor then add to cream cheese mixture.
- add remaining slices of bacon to processor and chop and set aside for outside of cheese ball.
- Cool mixture in refrigerator until firm and shape into a cheese ball.
- roll in remaining candied bacon pieces.
- serve with crackers and enjoy!