I make this up to fill a 9 X 13 baking dish. You can make up a smaller amount by cutting the recipe in half. I used our mild candied jalapeños in this but if you have an extra spicy crowd the candied habaneros really explode with flavor!
- 2-pound bag of elbow macaroni, cooked until done and rinsed in cold water and drained
- 2 large cans of black olives, chopped coarsely
- 2 boxes of cherry tomatoes, chopped coarsely
- 8 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup candied jalapeños, chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 3 tablespoons of distiled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of black pepper
- extra candied jalapeño juice to taste
Dressing: Mix together mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, milk, salt and pepper. Adjust to your taste by adding more sugar and milk. I like a thin base of dressing and others like it thick and creamy, so please play around with the dressing to your preference.
Placed drained and cooled macaroni in a large bowl and pour half of dressing while stirring. Stir in tomatoes, olives, green onions and candied jalapeños. Add the rest of the dressing and stir in some extra candied jalapeño juice to kick it up even more.
Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.