Nothing says summer like a made from scratch salsa made with ingredients fresh from your garden or local farmers market. This is so good you will want to be sure you have plenty of chips on hand. We have even made a meal out of this salsa by adding grilled chicken and serving over a bed of rice.
- 1 ear of sweet corn, grilled
- 1/2 cup of red bell pepper, minced
- 1 small clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 + cup of Campbell's candied jalapeños, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1-2 tablespoons of liquid from candied jalapeños
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
In a large bowl combine the above ingredients, except the avocado. Mix well then gently fold in the chopped avocados. Taste and adjust seasonings. Chill before serving.