Amazing and you have to try! Make this for Valentines Day or Father's Day. Bag pieces together and tie with a ribbon and attach to a bottle of beer for that special guy in your life! Double this recipe or you will cry because you will run out of this delicious candied bacon and you will want MORE!
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped Campbell's candied jalapeños
- 2 tablespoons candied jalapeños juice
- 1 teaspoon course black pepper
- 1/2 pound thick sliced bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a microwave bowl combine brown sugar, maple syrup, candied jalapeños, juice and black pepper. Microwave for 1 minute and stir until all is blended.
- Line a large baking pan with aluminum foil, turning up the edges to catch the grease. Place a cooling rack on top of the pan.
- Skew the bacon and lay evenly on the cooling rack, not touching.
- Place in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes. Let the bacon semi cook until it is just beginning to turn colors.
- Take out of the oven and brush the top side of bacon with the brown sugar mixture. Return bacon to oven and bake another 5 minutes. Repeat basting about every 5 minutes until bacon begins to turn brown. Turn bacon over and baste at least another 2 times.
- For the last 5 minutes turn oven to 375 degrees and continue to cook until bacon is brown and crisp.