This is one of my most asked for appetizer for the family dinner. The presentation is beautiful, the flavors all work together, and the plate is scrapped clean every time. You can use apricot preserves if your not a fan of peach as both flavors go well with the brie, bacon and pecans and of course our candied jalapeños. I think next time I’ll use the habaneros and bring an extra kick to the party!
· 1 sheet of puff pastry dough
· 1 (8-oz) package of brie cheese
· 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
· 1/4 cup of peach preserves, the kind with chunks of peaches
· 1/4 cup Campbell’s candied jalapeños, minced
· 2 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Set out puff pastry and let come to room temperature. Once pastry is at room temp then place brie in the middle. Mix the preserves with the candied jalapeños and pour over the brie. Add the pecans and bacon on top of the brie. Fold the dough up and over the brie, pinching the edges tightly together to make sure none of the filling spills out during baking. Place on a greased baking pan. Brush melted butter over the dough. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with pita chips.